Churches - Unrelated Business Income

by Kenneth Hoffman in , , ,

A church must make quarterly estimated tax payments if it expects an unrelated business income tax liability for the year to be $500 or more.

Use IRS Form 990-W to figure your estimated taxes. Quarterly estimated tax payments of one-fourth of the total tax liability are due by April 15, June 15, September 15, and December 15, 2012, for churches on a calendar year basis.

If you need assistance in completing Form 990-W, have any questions about this topic, tax law changes, have questions about the IRS and your church, or want to become a client, please call us at 954-591-8290 or use our Contact form.